The South Florida Jeep Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade

3 posters

Go down

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade Empty 12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade

Post  Admin Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:26 pm

The South Florida Jeep Club has been invited to participate as a motorized unit in the St. Patty's Day parade again and we would like to invite our fellow jeeper's to participate with us. We need to turn in our application before February 18th for the parade.

Last year we had a BBQ following the parade at a member's house where the kids (and grown ups) could soak in the pool and play sports in the back. The parade will begin at 12 p.m. along Las Olas Boulevard in downtown Fort Lauderdale, then ending at Huizenga Plaza for lots of food, refreshments, live music, and family fun."

Please post if your going to be able to make it to the parade and/or BBQ so we can start to get a head count on jeeps & persons attending.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

https://sfjc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade Empty St. Patrick's Day Parade

Post  stuckzilla Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am

Pat and I had a great time. Weather was perfect and the company was at least as good. Nichole, thanks for picking up the decorations - the jeeps looked marvelous and more than appropiately festive.

Also it was super that we were able to accomodate our unit neighbors, Caribbean Beauties and include them in our lead jeep. I'm sure we've made several local friends and contacts at this event with all the walk up traffic we had.

Thank you everyone who came out to celebrate making this civic event even more fun!

Photos are at:

St. Patrick's Day Parade - 2011

And here are a few to give you an idea of what it was like:
12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade 5522011462_fcd3ef404b_z

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade 5522015764_8c25045c42_z

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade 5521422733_f5b6857c3a_z

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade 5522016986_12e0b40053_z
stuckzilla
stuckzilla

Back to top Go down

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade Empty Re: 12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade

Post  ChefJeep Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:09 am

had a great time
ChefJeep
ChefJeep

Back to top Go down

12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade Empty Re: 12th of Mar, St. Patrick's day parade

Post  stuckzilla Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks Chef, I had a great time as well and I'm glad you & Scooby could make it. I'm real happy with the way the jeeps all turned out. At some point we'll need to sort out and the pack up the decorations for next year but for now let's take a well earned break.

! =============================================================================
This just in from Terry Rynard of Fort Lauderdale Parks and Rec...

Dear 2011 Parade Participants,

Thank you very much for participating in our wonderful St. Patrick's Day event. We have received nothing but compliments from those in attendance and I want to personally thank you all for your efforts. Your enthusiasm and spirit was amazing and set the mode of celebration for the day. Listed below are the officials winners in each category. However, if you ask me, the winners were those who attended and enjoyed your event.

Grand leprechaun Award - Riverwalk Trust and Downtown Council
Best Marching Band - Stranahan High School
Best Pipe Band - NYPD Emerald Society Pipes and Drums
The Celtic Award - St. Anthony Catholic School
The Shamrock Award - Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade
The Pot-of Gold Award - Northeast Rebels

I am always interested in suggestions for what we can improve on, and would welcome any constructive criticism of the parade. The staging will always be a challenge, especially with the very small area we have to work in. Please share with me your thoughts and comments and again, thank you for making it another great parade.

Terry Rynard
Assistant Director, Fort Lauderdale Parks and Recreation

stuckzilla
stuckzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down